Coronavirus Lockdown Day Twelve – Rebel without a claws


My first instinct regarding Man March’s philosophical abilities was in fact accurate. He is indeed a dull and uneducated savage. I set him several more philosophical problems and each time he answered me 57.
Finally, I realised that I had completely overestimated my skills as an English as a foreign language teacher. His native name is in fact Fifty-seven-mobunga-usaba the 3rd. His family seemingly owned an ice production plant in Norway prior to the Minoan takeover and his grandmother headed up the Mark Cadbury Committee as CEO for the Proposed Invasion of Mars. I mean, you couldn’t make it up!

What a complete fool I am and must be in his eyes also. I have told him that my own given name is Alexander and I 
now hope that he will still be my friend despite the confusion in sharing our respective nomenclatures. In comparison to Fifty-seven-mobunga-usaba the 3rd, Alexander Selkirk the 1st must seem such a bland and unpromising label.
As an aside, a tattered international atlas has floated ashore. On page 93 para 16 line 4 J7 K9, alongside an entry for the Pacific Island of Guam, a small map replete with an insert of the type usually reserved for the likes of Orkney or the Atlantic archipelago of St Kilda in UK Ordnance Survey publications reveals that our tropical island lies just a few leagues north of Christmas Island.

I am convinced that this is a positive omen and am somehow reminded of that erstwhile James Dean Hollywood film Rebel Without a Claws.

Duncan Harley is a writer and blogger living in the Garioch. His books are available from Amazon. Just search for Duncan Harley in the Amazon search box. Signed copies are available @ Inverurie Whisky Shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North East Scotland At War – by Alan Stewart

The Shell Hoosie @ Dunnottar Woods

Leopards for Swans @ Aberdeen – by Duncan Harley

The Scottish Samurai Awards 2018 – By Duncan Harley

The Carron To Mumbai – by Duncan Harley

Stone Stacks down by the Don – By Duncan Harley

Bells @ Stonehaven - by Duncan Harley

The Cruise of the Land-Yacht Wanderer

Bennachie’s Casualties of War - By Duncan Harley

Smokey Joe