Coronavirus Lockdown Day Seven – Molly names Man Pretty

It was only by luck that I managed to drive off the screaming savages. Outnumbered some eighteen to one I was at first fearful for my very life. However, my fearsome appearance, plus the fact that I brandished a loaded rifle, proved sufficient to ward them off and I had only to scream back at them in my native tongue to startle even the boldest of them.
‘Awa ye go ye nasty wee radgies! Awa wi ye before I take this wee sharp blade and cut ye a Glesga smile and maybe perchance a new bum! Am no kiddin an at’s a fact ya filthy bunch o’ heathens!! Plus, a've got a big gun and you've no got one between the whole lot of you!'

At this, the largest of the savages - a sheer giant of a man,  raised his club as if to counter my threatening tone. So, I instantly shot him through the throat and followed up with several facial thrusts of my dagger. He grinned widely and dropped down dead at my feet with blood spewing furiously from his wounds.
It was a classic case of gaining domination by taking down the biggest guy in the group and it worked a treat. His companions at first halted in some shock before making for the canoes and heading speedily towards the horizon leaving only a large wicker basket behind on the shore.

Imagine my surprise when, on closer examination, the basket proved to contain a terrified black man crouched and completely naked and no doubt intended for the cooking pot. The poor wretch had been badly beaten but was fortunately largely intact, unlike his companion who I had encountered bloodied and legless on the beach earlier.

My only issue now, aside from the urgent need to coax this poor wretch back to full health, is to find a suitable name for him. Perhaps I should defer to the parrot regarding this subject.

Also, given my shortage of spare apparel I may have to resort to the goatskin with which to cover the unchristian-like nakedness of my new companion for whom Molly the parrot has suggested a quite splendid name. We shall call him Man Pretty.


Duncan Harley is a writer and blogger living in the Garioch. His books are available from Amazon. Just search for Duncan Harley in the Amazon search box. Signed copies are available @ Inverurie Whisky Shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North East Scotland At War – by Alan Stewart

The Shell Hoosie @ Dunnottar Woods

Leopards for Swans @ Aberdeen – by Duncan Harley

The Scottish Samurai Awards 2018 – By Duncan Harley

The Carron To Mumbai – by Duncan Harley

Stone Stacks down by the Don – By Duncan Harley

Bells @ Stonehaven - by Duncan Harley

The Cruise of the Land-Yacht Wanderer

Bennachie’s Casualties of War - By Duncan Harley

Smokey Joe